Myrrah

My cat is losing patches of hair and has oozing scabs. Help?

This has happened before but never got this bad. She is losing huge patches of hair and has all of these scabs and they are oozing clear liquid. The only change we have had is we got a puppy about a month ago and we changed her food about 2 months ago. She is a Bombay if that helps. I want to take her to the vet but its so expensive. I'm hoping someone has some advice I can try before taking her. Also she is acting completely normal. She is eating the same as she normally does and she is playing with our other cat like she usually does. And my other cat has no scabs or hair loss.

Asked by Myrrah on Jan 20th 2014 in Skin Problems

Answers

Has she been flea treated? She could be infested and itching the scabs, or she could have a fungus. It is not responsible as a pet owner to wait until your cat's skin is seriously infected before you bring her into a vet because it costs money. Your cat's health should be your #1 priority, and cats instinctually hide their pain and illnesses. Let the vet decide what she needs and provide some medicine so that she does not have to be hurting any longer!! ^_^