my cat is lazy i want it to play with me and love me she is new and is staying at my house since 1 week she is one year

---

Asked by Member 902315 on Jun 2nd 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

I don't think your cat is "lazy" because she doesn't want to play. Cats are very sensitive creatures and it takes them a while to adjust to new surroundings. It's only been a week since you got her and she is still getting used to her new home. While she's adjusting to her new home, she probably doesn't want to be "messed with". If she is sleeping a lot, hiding, not eating or using the box (going to the bathroom someplace other than the box),and you haven't yet taken her to a vet, then you need to find a vet as soon as you can and take her in for an exam. As a kitten, she should be active and into everything. If she's not, then she needs to go to the vet.

Give the cat time to adjust. One week isn't all that long. Give the cat space. As long as she's eating & drinking & using the bathroom properly, then give her some space.