my cat is hurt from a fight and he needs help, but I don't have enough money for the vet, what should I do?

Asked by Member 561397 on Jan 22nd 2008 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Schmoo

There is a wonderful service called CareCredit.com that can help with unexpected medical and vet bills. You go to their website and they will approve you almost immediately for the amount you need. You then take that to the vet to apply to your bill. It's at a very low interest rate.

Not having more details other than that your cat was in a fight and needs help, I can't advise you what to do, but cats who have been in fights generally need to see the vet to get their wounds cleaned and/or stitched and get medication. If their wounds get infected, the cat can die. Don't use human medications on cats - some of them can make the cat sicker and it could die.

Try CareCredit.com and you will be able to help your kitty.

Schmoo answered on 1/22/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with Schmoo. Your cat needs immediate medical attention, but I know that money can be a worry. When I worked in animal rescue, our organization would front people money to get their cat treated once in a while. You might want to call a humane rescue organization in your area to see if they can help out. Some shelters also have vets on board who may be able to help now and let you pay later. Let us know how your kitty is doing, please!