My cat is having seizures for the first time and shes 3.

I woke up one night and it was midnight and I heard my cat crying and being hysterical. I turned on a light and at the foot of my bed, lying on her side was my cat. she was having a fit. She was skaking violently and I didnt know what to do. i screamed for my sister and she immediatly picked her up, Kitty's convulsing stopped just like that but she couldnt walk for a long time. I need to know if this is serious and if I should get a vet to her???? Please! Im worried for her! Im afraid she'll die! Please help her. Thank you!

Asked by Member 919779 on Nov 19th 2009 in Pet Page

Answers

Cleopatra 8/4/96-7/18/13

Sounds like she needs to go to the vet for a check up including bloodwork. There are many things that can cause seizures in cats and only a vet can diagnose. We are not vets on this site, so please take her to the vet!

Cleopatra 8/4/96-7/18/13 answered on 11/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25)

Your cat needs to be seen by a vet ASAP!

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25) answered on 11/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer