my cat is ferel she seen very lonley blatley she copernee she 7 years old do you think she whoud like a cat to come liv

Asked by Member 981336 on Apr 13th 2010 in Dental Care

Answers

As I said in my previous answer, if this is a sudden change in your cat's behavior, you need to take her to the vet to make sure she has no health issues. As far as getting another cat, it's possible she may love having the company. But if she has always been the only cat, chances are she won't welcome another cat into her territory. You would need to be very careful about how you introduce the two cats, keeping the new one separate from your cat for a week or so until your cat became used to the sounds and smells of the new cat (your vet can also help you with this.) Remember that 2 cats eats twice as much food, use twice as much litter, and you have the responsibility of taking them to the vet to make sure you are keeping them healthy, which means twice the vet costs. Before you get another cat, you need to think about these things.