♥Maya♥

My cat is fat, but no matter how little of the special food we give her she is still chubby. any ideas?

Asked by ♥Maya♥ on May 9th 2010 in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

Rainey

Take her to the Vet. The Vet will run some tests and determine if she has any disease, like hypothyroidism. If she has a clean bill of health, try reduced cat food formulas and make sure she gets exercise.

Rainey answered on 5/9/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I have a chubby cat as well. I feed her 1/2 can (small can) of Wellness every morning and 1/2 can for dinner. I give her just a little bit of dry food (maybe no more than a tablespoon) throughout the day. I don't leave any food in her bowl, just water. She doesn't overeat and always seems hungry. I feed her Wellness because it is high in protein and my vet said that the canned food will make her feel more full.

♥ Tasha ♥

It is very hard for a kitty to lose weight while eating dry food. If she will eat canned food~ any kind, she will lose the weight naturally.

Make sure she loses weight slowly~ if she loses weight too fast she could get fatty liver disease (hepatic lipidosis).

Here is a website that explains what I am talking about:

www.catinfo.org

Best of luck to you!

♥ Tasha ♥ answered on 5/9/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer