My cat is acting very strange lately what could be the cause

My two year old cat Sully has recently been acting strange, while hes never been overly friendly like his brother Broly who will approach anyone and instantly be their best friend, Sully has always been playful and has never scratched or hissed at anyone and has never had problems with the two older cats in the house or his brother.

Recently hes been acting strange though(when this started I was away for work, it started about 4 days after I left so 3 days ago-ish), he secluded himself under the couch in the computer room coming out rarely for about 3 days, and when he did come out he was super skittish and not friendly with the older cats he actually backed against the wall and hissed. Usually if he ever gets skittish i can pick him up and he calms right down but this time when i tried he flattened his ears and tensed up so immediately put him back down. When i put him down he pressed himself to the ground and backed up about two feet hit his butt on the table leg jumped and ran.

Asked by Member 1181920 on Jul 23rd 2013 Tagged skittish, cat, urine in Illness & Disease

Answers

It sounds like something spooked him in your absence. Be patient and let him come around on his own. Try some treats like SmartBites or Greenies to attract his attention. ^_^ Be patient- calming spray might help. The phrase scaredy-cat is based on fact...