My cat is 17 years old barely eats, is throwing up and has bloody diarrhea.

My cat is 17 years old, 4 lbs, and throwing up after eating. She has almost stopped eating all together and what little she does eat, she usually throws up. She is continuously dehydrated and I noticed that her diarrhea had blood in it. I took her to the vet a couple weeks ago for the same symptoms. The vet gave her a steroid shot, B-12 shot, fluids and did blood work to check her kidneys. Her kidneys came back in excellent condition and she even began eating like normal. He suggested that I bring her in for fluids again and so I did. Everything seemed fine for about a week and now she's back to the same issues, if they are not worse. Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm taking her back to the vets ASAP.

Asked by Member 1184697 on Aug 8th 2013 Tagged sick, throwingup, vomiting, old, senior, bloody, diarrhea, noteating, lossofappetite, dehydration, ill in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

It sounds like your cat is old and refusing food, which is usually a signal that they are giving up and want to die. Some vets will bankrupt you to keep your kitty alive for a few more days when the best thing that you can do for them is to put them down. Force feed little bits of water, not food, and see what your vet says. If you don't like it or have doubts, get a 2nd opinion! ^_^