My cat (indoor) weighs 16 lbs .she has long fur. She is peeing on fur. Should I give her a sit bath only.

Asked by Member 1144733 on Dec 11th 2012 in Grooming

Answers

Macaroni

My 15 pound cat sometimes has loose stools that get stuck in his long fur. As long as we catch it early enough, we just give him a butt bath. Sometimes it includes his tail. Just make sure that you blow dry her as well as you can so her fur doesn't get matted from being wet. Good luck!

Macaroni answered on 12/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My dog has the same problem. She has a white rear end and as she has aged, she's become incontinent (she leaks pee constantly). I ask the groomer (which you can ask your vet) to shave her back there. A groomer can do it in a way for your cat that she won't be embarrassed by the way she looks. I also try to put my dog in the wash tub or the bath tub as often as I can to wash her off b/c she also can have an odor. Paul Mitchell has a foaming cleanser for dogs and also wipes that I got at a salon once. I also use those. The cleanser is no-rinse and it does work. If she's only messy back there, you don't need to bathe her all over.

Ghost

My fur is soooooo long! Sometimes my ahem.. Stuff gets stuck in it! First time mommy had her vet friend trim my bottom but now she clips it up herself with a pair of scissors every six weeks or so. She looks pretty silly of you ask me cause she lifts my butt in the air and juggles my tail with one hand and trims with the other... But I get lots of treats! She also keeps baby wipes on hand at all times!

Ghost answered on 12/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Shiva

Yeah I get what my parents call "poop butt" as well. My long fur sometimes gets in the way of my business. Thankfully, my mom was a groomer so she can trim around my privates. This is called a sanitary trim and it is very easy to do if you get a pair of clippers or even a pair of grooming shears.

She just trims some of the long fur from around my bottom so things come out...ahem...more clean.

Shiva answered on 1/8/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer