My cat (I think) ate a whole mouse; she's a small cat, and now she seems to be in pain and is urinating/defecating blood

I haven't done anything yet; I'm not exactly the most well off financially, and we live pretty far out in the country. I'm also worried about touching her - it seems to hurt her, so I'm just letting her be and watching her.

Asked by Member 1154794 on Feb 11th 2013 Tagged mouse, blood, urinating in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

You really do need to get kitty to a vet ASAP! The symptoms you've described (whether she ate a mouse or not), are serious ones that require immediate medical attention. Please don't waste time. Get her to the nearest animal hospital. Hope she's okay and recovers quickly.

Joey

Urinating and defecating blood is never a symptom to be monitored it requires immediate care. The fact that it is accompanied by pain could indicate a rupture or perforation and internal bleeding of some kind. Please take your kitty to the vet immediately. A good vet will work with you financially – be upfront with them.

Please do not delay - go to the vet. Good luck.

Joey answered on 2/12/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bowski

I second the other comments here– cat needs to see a vet ASAP. That sounds like an emergency situation– wouldn't you go to the ER if it was happening to you? The vet will work with you on financing.

Bowski answered on 2/12/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer