My cat i an American Ringtail, she does not have fleas,could it be dryskin and how can it be controlled? she scratches.

Asked by Member 1100499 on Mar 17th 2012 Tagged infestation, dryskin, allergies in Bathing

Answers

Cats can have a whole laundry list of skin conditions. If you are certain she doesn't have tiny livestock, it could be that her skin has dried out over the winter. I notice my cats and dogs scratching more now, too. If you begin to notice red patches on her skin, swellings,sores, or if she begins to pull her fur out in clumps, then it's time for a vet visit. Until then, try a food for cats with sensitive skin. I feed Science Diet. But intro the food slowly, not all at once. Mix it with her current food. There are also supplemental oils and additives at the petstore made to add to your kitty's food that could help. But do keep an eye on her and if the scratching becomes excessive, call her vet.

Nika

You might try PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. It will help with dry skin and dander. Also will help her stop scratching so much. It is 100% Organic so you can use it as often as needed. I hope this helps! Best of luck.

Nika answered on 3/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer