my cat has thrown up 3 times today and while usually affectionate does not want me by him. Should I be alarmed?

He seems to want to be left alone. He usually runs to his food dish when its time to eat and he didn't even come today. He also wont eat his treats.

Asked by Member 886909 on Jul 30th 2012 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Alarmed? Not yet. On your way or on the phone to the vet? Definitely. Hiding and not eating are 2 very clear warning signals that something is not right. The only way to find out what it is is to take him to the vet as soon as you can.

Alexander, Dreamboat #110

Give the vet a call and tell the vet what is happening to your cat. I hope that you did that today. Cats hide their illnesses extremely well. How old is your cat? If a cat throws up once, you see hair in it, it is time to groom him and give him hairball treatment. If he/she is hiding, there is more going on that can't be handled by you. I feel that calling a vet and getting another point of view really helps with your stress and the cat's health. Not eating the treats is another indicator. Cats can't go long without eating because it will affect their liver as well. Please check your cat out asap. Thanks.

Alexander, Dreamboat #110 answered on 7/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer