My cat has stopped eating and not enough money for vet, any suggestions?

My 4 year old chunkyish female cat threw up a LOT 2 days in a row, for the last 3 days after she's stopped eating or drinking. I wish I could take her to the vet but unfortunately I have no way of getting up enough money right now.

Her symptoms are:
-Dry nose
-lathargic (depressed, not moving much; normally is very active)
-mild fever ( checked her tempature rectally)
- vomiting fluids
-not using the liter box as frequently
-stopped eating
-stopped drinking

I've tried:
-using a mouth medicine surenge to give her water
-using a mouth medicine surenge to give her milk
-using a mouth medicine surenge to give her Pedialyte ( as told via phone by a vet for vomiting)
-gave her Nutri-Cal paste (Vet recommended vitamin paste for 'energizing for picky-eaters')
-Pro-Pet Bladder Care paste

I've been told by vets it could either be posioning or a bad bladder infection.

What do you all think it could be?
And what more should I do?
Today she willing drank water on her on but no other progess.

Asked by Member 1120674 on Jul 14th 2012 Tagged catfouryearsoldvomitingstoppedeatingstoppeddrinkingpukepukingsick in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

I am so sorry that your kitty is ill. Unfortunately, even with a list of symptoms and if we were vets, there is no way we can diagnose or suggest treatment for a cat over a computer. Since you have spoken with a vet, I believe that if you want your cat to survive, you're going to have to throw yourself on their mercy. Times are rough financially for everyone these days and chances are they will be willing to work out a payment plan for you. I've never known of a vet who would refuse to treat a sick cat if the owner states that they will stick to a payment plan for the treatment. Good luck and let us know how she's doing. Also, please don't give her cow's milk as that will cause her even more stomach upset.

MR. HANDSOME AKA BABY BOY

Hi yes get to a vet explain the money issue, some vets or hospitals have something called an "angel fund" or other name where people have donated money for others that cannot afford to pay I think you have to prove you cannot pay, I know I donated years ago when I could afford to so I know this exist and myown vet has this type of fund as well, maybe you can work out a payment plan, there is also something called care plus I think, you have to qualify for the credit but try everything you need to hurry a cat not eating or drinking for more than a day is dangerous and you cannot let the cat suffer I am sorry but you have to do what is best for the cat, I am praying for you

MR. HANDSOME AKA BABY BOY answered on 7/17/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer