moose

My cat has sores on her neck and back, and is throwing up for 3 days now, what is wrong ?

I took my cat to get her annual shots 2 weeks ago, and now she keeps throwing up her food, and has some sore patches on her tail, back and neck area. She still has an appetite but can't keep it down. This has been going on for 3 days now. I plan on calling the vet tomorrow but does anyone have any idea of what is wrong ? I hope she isn't in pain. We did get the results for her feline leukemia test and she is negative. I am not sure taking her to the clinic for her shots was a coincidence, or had something to do with it. We had her for the past 3 years with no problems before this.

Asked by moose on Oct 11th 2010 Tagged sick, throwup, sores in Illness & Disease

Answers

If she's never had a reaction to her vaccinations before, it's probably a coincidence. I'm not even sure the sores have anything to do with it unless it's an infection that has spread throughout her body. Your best bet, since we aren't vets here, don't know your kitty and can't do a "hands-on" exam, is to take her to the vet. They are the only ones who can determine what's going on. Even if we could correctly diagnose what's going on, she still needs medications and your vet is the only one who can provide treatment. Good Luck and let us know what the vet finds. Hope she feels better soon!

Mr. Wriggles

We agree, It sounds like an infection of some kind maybe fromn an flea or insect bite. Do go to the vet ASAP. Our mum is a nurse for humons, and she think that if your kitty was reacting to one of the injections, it would have happened before this.
So it may be infected bites and your vet would be the best person to treat your kitty.

Mr. Wriggles answered on 10/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer