My cat has pus coming out of her butt, what could this be?

It's a light greenish color. I wiped her down and I could smell it. (gross) PLEASE HELP. She was rescued from a breeder and I really don't want to see her go through pain again.

Asked by Member 835345 on May 11th 2009 Tagged pus, greenpus in Illness & Disease

Answers

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25)

Well, we are not vets here, and even if we were could not diagnose without examining your cat. We are just people who love cats here. Call your vet and get her in ASAP to be examined and treated. It sounds like it may possibly be infected anal glands, but a vet will be able to tell for sure.

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25) answered on 5/11/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Gracie

Agreed with Mr. Fez. Infected glands can be a royal pain in the ass, and will need meds as prescribed by a vet that will both help her heal and provide her with some relief. The poor baby needs to go to a vet straight away.

Gracie answered on 5/11/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

you can't diagnose this by yourself nor should you let it go...see a vet as it may be painful and certainly can get worse the longer you wait.
my cat had something similar...can't rem. the name but they had to "supress the anal glands as when they fill up with this stuff, it causes a problem".
it can be painful for them...ask the vet if it can happen again...it did for my cat.
good luck...don't wait!