My cat has developed a habit. He sleeps on anything new. Whether it be a piece of paper on the floor or new shoes.

He's an old cat. 15 years old. Really healthy. No issues. Just losing mobility gradually. If I leave something on the floor its guaranteed hell be sleeping on it paws in the air when I return. The house is full of other places to sleep. Why is he doing this?

Asked by Member 1212107 on Feb 19th 2014 Tagged occupyingnewspaces, hoarding, lying in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

For an old guy, new smells are fun. Basically, this is as exciting as it gets in the geriatric wing. There's nothing wrong with what he is doing... let him have some fun. Talk to your vet about adding some joint supplements, and feed him senior food like MaxCat senior or chicken and liver 5.5 oz. cans... my guys love it. ^_^