My cat has been vomiting green clear fluid for the Past 3 days. Can't afford to take to the vet. Anything I can do for

Asked by Member 798439 on Jan 29th 2009 in Medications

Answers

I have never in my life seen a cat vomit GREEN fluid. And vomiting for three days is very bad. If you can not afford proper vet care for the cat then you should consider turning it over to a shelter where it could be re-homed. At least see if you can find a low cost vet clinic or one that is willing to work out a payment plan.

I agree with Alexandra. I'll take it one step further, though. If I had a friend who couldn't afford to go to the docter in the face of something as serious as this, I would advise my friend that he/she can't afford to have kids or pets and perhaps needs to seek counseling to get his/her priorities straight!!!!

He sounds really sick and needs to see a vet. Call around local vets to see if one has a benevolent fund to treat needy cats for free/reduced cost or could let you pay over time. Rescue groups may be able to help you track down low cost vet treatment.

Sassy is right. If your cat is an outdoor cat, it may have been poisoned and without treatment, the outcome won't be good. Contact local shelters and rescues in your area (lists online or in the phone book) and plead your cat's case. Many have times set aside for people with financial issues and it's nothing to be embarrassed about.

I had a cat who did this, it was the kidneys shuting down and the poisens coming out. It is very serious.