My Cat has been throwing up foam please help me!

My female cat has been throwing up white foam for a couple of days now and i dont no know what to do i made her an appointment with my local vet. But iam open for any advice.I am very worried about her so please help i just want what is best for her like they say mans best friend it no lie!

Asked by Member 620360 on Apr 12th 2008 in Illness & Disease

Best Answer

Hunter

Your cat does not have rabies...You haven't said whether there is decreased appetite with the vomiting. If your kitty has no appetite or is not drinking water you should be seen sooner than your scheduled appointment...go in to an ER. As long as she is eating and drinking and is not lethargic see your vet at your scheduled visit. They may want to run bloodwork and start some medications. Lot's of purring!

Hunter answered on Apr 12th.

Answers

your cat may have rabies. it might sound sad, but DO NOT let her bite you.

Tinker Bell 2003-2006

Throwing up foam and foaming at the mouth is not the same thing. There are many things it could be, and in this case rabies is VERY unlikely. Take the vet's advice, that's what would be best.
Best of luck with your kitty.

Tinker Bell 2003-2006 answered on 4/12/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

♥Winnie - The Pooh

Hello,
If your kitty has thrown up so much that she's throwing up foam....you really need to make another call into the vet....and try your best to get her seen quickly. You don't realize how quickly kitties can get sick and lose weight, etc. Winnie got very sick around the first of December & lost three pounds in two weeks which is huge loss for a kitty...she would throw up so much that she would foam in the end when there was no more food. This is not normal & chances are ..it is not something that will work out on its own....so, please take her to the vet & let them know how serious it is. After we found a great vet..our problem was diagnosed & she stopped throwing up...so I am hoping that the same thing will happen with your kitty...Luvs & purrs

♥Winnie - The Pooh answered on 4/12/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer