My cat has been peeing on my bed for 6 months, help!

My 1 yr old female (spayed) cat has been peeing on my bed since she was around 6 months old. I have literally tried everything I can think of - I've taken her to the vet, extra litter box that I scoop daily, feliway diffuser and spray, cat attract litter, wash my sheets with natures miracle, vinegar, baking soda etc, play with her for an hour/day, flower essences and calming liquid. Nothing has worked and I am so desperate and tired of washing my sheets daily. Please please help!

Asked by Member 1185337 on Aug 12th 2013 Tagged urine, pee, bed, litterbox in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

The smell is probably in your mattress, so you need to get a new one. Then get a waterproof mattress cover and cover the sides of your bed with anti-scratch sticky tape, and spray the whole cover with anti-mark spray. Do not put sheets on until it is time for bed. After you wake up, remove the sheets, put them away and spray the bed cover with the anti-mark spray again. Continue until the behavior COMPLETELY stops. Then you can leave your bed made one day, spray it, leave and see what happened when you get back. Calming liquid in her water might help too. ^_^