my cat has been out all summer and will not come in. he is afraid on everyone even me. I open the door to let him in and

my cat has been out all summer and will not come in.He is afraid of everyone even me.I open the door to feed him and he runs away.I will be moving this week about 7 hours away. What should I do? will he survive? Will he freeze?

Asked by Member 1195560 on Oct 22nd 2013 in Loss of a Pet

Answers

Your best bet is to set a trap and try to capture him. There are trappers that will do this for you for a fee if you can't find a cat rescue group to help you. Then have him neutered and bring him along. Yes he will be scared stiff, but if you don't and he relies on you too much for food, he will not be able to catch his own and will starve/freeze to death. This is why it is not a good idea to feed feral cats! It makes them dependent on humans for food. ^_^