My cat has been defecating all over the house, last night it became liquid and now he's vomitting foam. Any ideas?

My 7y old indoor male cat started sprinting and defecating in our house a few weeks ago, he would urinate in the box no problem and even though he was defecating out of the box it would be solid and out in the open for all the world to see. We have not been able to get him a vet that can figure it out, he had a rectal and everything was fine, they did a fecal sample and culture and nothing was found, but they gave me 2 Deworming pills just in case which I gave him the first of 10 days ago. Last night he had liquid diarrhea, it was horrible, he hid in a box and didn't leave it until 7 this morning. He then seemed fine until about 20 minutes ago when he started throwing up foam. Any ideas? I am desperate.

Asked by Member 1087971 on Jan 1st 2014 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Is there any chance that he went outside and could have gotten hold of a poison toad or something like that? Mine will also do that if they can lick where their flea medicine was applied. Worming medicine will give icky poo. If the behavior continues, your best best is to take him to another vet for a second opinion, just as you would do with a human. It could be as simple as trying to cough a hairball to very complex, but we are not vets here. Good luck and HEALTHY New 2014 to you & your cat... ^_^

It might be some issue with your cat. So don't be late. Consult with your vet as soon as possible.