my cat has been "burping" like he wants to vomit, but nothing has been coming up, what should I do?

Asked by Member 876901 on Sep 15th 2009 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Without more details on how your cat lives and is acting, it's difficult to answer this. Is he an outdoor cat? They can eat things that make them sick. If you have houseplants, it can also be that he's gotten into one of them. Or, it could be his diet that's causing gas. Or, he could have something stuck in his throat. Or, he could have a hairball lodged down there. Is this his only symptom? At any rate, if it were one of my cats, I would at least call the vet to ask them what to do to avoid this escalating into what could potentially become an emergency situation.