My cat has arthritis, how do I get him 15yo to use a box in the house along with the one he has always used in the garag

he wont go out his cat door to the garage any longer due to arthritis, we let him out the kitchen door but would prefer he use a box in the house in the winter, but he wont

Asked by Member 1178759 on Jul 6th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

When Pookie went blind, she did not like going in the litter boxes anymore. The solution, I found, was placing puppy pads where she was having accidents anyway (in her case, by the front door). They have puppy attractant in them and saved me from A TON of cleaning. My friend's 16-year-old cat Ozzy had the same problem, and she placed pads where he was going and he uses them now, no problem! She puts one down every night and he will use it about every other night, depending on his water intake. Cats' sense of smell is much better than humans, so good luck! ^_^