My cat has a toy which he talks,crys,plays with.I find it downstairs, under couch.Does he like or wants to get rid of it

Asked by Member 1124647 on Sep 4th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

If cats do not like something, they avoid or ignore it. Your cat is playing, and part of the fun is hitting toys under the couch and then seeing if he can get them out. If you don't feel like getting down on all fours just at that moment, some treats like SmartBites may suffice in the meantime. When he can't reach the toy, he will let you know so that you can go and get it; then he will play with it again when he is ready. Cat owners joke that we do not need to buy any new toys, we just have to dig them out from under the furniture, haha. The bottom of a broom works best for me for toy recovery. ^_^

Panda is exactly right. To our cats, "playtime" is real. When they stalk a play mouse, in their minds, they are majestic lions and the prey is the stuffed mouse! Have you ever seen a television show of a lion or other large predatory cat dragging its kill up a tree? They do that so no one else will steal it. And, that could be why your cat is "hiding" his toy even if you don't have another cat. When my cat Delilah picks up her favorite mousie, she ALWAYS makes the same meow as she prances across the floor with it in her mouth. She's proud that she has "attacked and killed" the stuffed mouse. Panda is also right about finding toys. Every morning when I get up, my cats have "rearranged" all their toys. Purrs!