MY CAT HAS A CANCEROUS TUMOR IN HIS CHEEK. IT IS SO LARGE HIS EYE IS CLOSED. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO COMFORT HIM?

HE DOESN'T ACT LIKE HE IS IN PAIN. CAN I DO ANYTHING TO HELP HIM IF I CAN'T PAY FOR EXPENSIVE TREATMENTS OR SHOULD I HAVE HIM PUT TO SLEEP? I DON'T WANT TO GIVE HIM UP, BUT I DON'T WANT HIM TO SUFFER EITHER.

Asked by Member 1159056 on Mar 16th 2013 Tagged cancer, face in Health & Wellness

Answers

I think you will know when your kitty is suffering and had enough. If he's not acting like he is in pain, and he is able to eat and sleep comfortably, then I would just enjoy this time you have with him. You will know when it's time. I'm very sorry that you are going through this. Just give him lots of extra love and attention and enjoy the time you have. I'm assuming you have already taken him to the vet and the tumor is definitely cancerous? If you are not sure, you could find a low cost vet to check him out, check with your local SPCA, many of them have very low cost veterinary services. If it were my cat, this is what I would do, just spoil him, love him, give him all the extra love and attention you can give him and you will know when the time is right. If you feel like that time is now, and that he is suffering, then maybe you need to say goodbye sooner than later, but please don't let him suffer. Bless you and the time you have left with your kitty, it's never easy to say bye