My cat had to get a large bandage put on his paw and up his leg due to a cut paw. Now he is contantly hiding and I can n

After seeing vet yesterday for a cut foot my cat is very irritated. The vet wrapped its leg up with a large bandage and now hes always hiding. He got out yesterday but came back but is hiding again with no sign of him and no way of him getting outside. When I was petting him today he was growling and is very irriated. My question is can they really hide that well. I came home after dropping my kid off to school and only left the cat for twenty minutes. Can they really hide inside a house that well due to being irriated?

Asked by Member 1074498 on Dec 1st 2011 in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Absolutely. When I bring out the carrier, no matter which cat it's for, Delilah (a black cat) knows that if she hides under the bed, she can't be seen. Your cat has been traumatized by his injury, going to the vet and now having this foreign object on his leg. He may also be in pain from the cut. Leave food out where he can get to it and just leave him alone. If you do find him, don't drag him out of his hiding place. Don't let your kids harrass him, either, as if he is at all uncomfortable with his injury, he may bite or claw them. If he comes out and comes up to you, don't make a big hoo-hah over him. Pet him, try to medicate him if you have to, but otherwise, give him his space.