my cat had exploratory surgery on Thursday, it is Saturday and she still will not eat is that normal?

my cat had exploratory surgery on Thursday and they removed a hairball from her small intestine. She is drinking water and urinating but is still not eating. When should she start eating. Ive done all that has been advised as far as warming food, feeding her baby food, chicken and rice, and she still will not eat. It is saturday now. Should I be concerned

Asked by Member 1043699 on Aug 6th 2011 in Swallowing Foreign Objects

Answers

Cats need to eat. They can develop a potentially fatal liver condition called hepatic lipidosis if they go without eating more than 24 hours. I would call your vet and tell them she is not eating. As it's the weekend, you may need to call a 24 hour emergency clinic in your area for advice and treatment. Your kitty has been through some major surgery, and I hope she feels better soon