My cat got outside then came back with a swollen front arm? Please help me

My cat got out 2 days ago and came back today. He has always been a house cat but he got outside yesterday and come back with a swollen front right arm. He hasn't been putting any weight on and it is only using his left front arm to support the front part of his body. I know that there is multiple cats that live in/outside of the house next to me. I think he might have gotten bite or clawed in the area of the "knee". I don't have any options to goto a vet. Can someone please help me?

Asked by Member 1143156 on Nov 30th 2012 Tagged cat, swollenarm, paw, cut, bite, swollen, limping, frontpaw, infection in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I'm so sorry your cat escaped and was hurt outside. I hope that by now, you've found a solution or that he's feeling better. Even if we were vets here, there is no way we could examine, diagnose or prescibe treatment for him without seeing him. There is no way for us to know how or where he was injured. If you throw yourself on the mercy of a vet and promise to pay what you can when you can, I've never known of a vet who will refuse to treat a sick or injured animal just because the people can't pay right away.