My cat follows me everywhere

My cat follows me everywhere. When I go outside he goes from window to window and watches me.

Asked by Member 844873 on Jun 10th 2009 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

The Magnificent Seven

Is this a problem? Many people complain that their cats are simply not affectionate enough. It sounds like you have a very affectionate cat who also has a bit of separation anxiety. How did you get him? Was he a feral or stray? Did he come from a shelter? If so, he could just be insecure, but he's showing you that he loves and needs you. I have a crew of totally spoiled and self-centered cats who rarely see me off at the door; only Spike and Currier are there waiting for me when I come home. Count yourself lucky--unless Kitty is actually exhibiting abnormal mental behavior. Affection and separation anxiety are not abnormal. Enjoy your cat--I wish I had one that was so affectionate.

The Magnificent Seven answered on 6/11/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer