Sophie

My cat follows me around when ever I go anywhere around my house but pretends like she isn't following me

If I turn around to look at her coming after me she freezes mid step and then when I turn back around she just goes back to following me. I was wondering why she doesn't want me to notice her following me? Also she sleeps in my room and whenever I get up to go to the bathroom she wakes up from her sleep and follows me. I feel bad bc whenever she's sleeping and I get up she follows me. I was wondering why she does these two things pretending like she isn't following me, then waking up to follow me

Asked by Sophie on Aug 20th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

She wants to be with you; it sounds like separation anxiety. Was she mistreated, or is she just insecure? She's just stopping when you stop; the behavior is not stealthy as if stalking prey. Don't worry, she loves you! ^_^ Orion follows me everywhere (including jumping on my lap when I'm sitting in the bathroom) and sometimes I trip all over him in the hall, so her stopping really is not so bad! ^_^

Nicholas

So cute! And yes, she loves you! I had an inside/outside cat many years ago. Whenever anyone walked to the canal at the end of the street, Mickey would "escort" us and he did the same thing...you turn back to look at him and he would stop, look up in the air, whistle (haha). We would resume walking and so would he! And my cat now, Nichols, gets up if I go to the bathroom. Nothing to worry about! >^..^<

Nicholas answered on 8/30/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Whitey

Teehee, you sound like me! I follow daddy around EVERYWHERE even sit outside the shower! I follow mommy too and if I'm feeling REALLY playful when they stop short to look at me I run bat sh!t crazy into the other direction purring and pouncing all over the place =^.^=

Whitey answered on 9/6/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer