My cat Figaro is 6 months old and he's afraid of the litter box for some reason and keeps going toilet behind my door

I have tried many things and suggestions from other people but nothing seems to work please help. I have seen a vet they suggested castration to stop him spraying but it hasn't worked he just will not use any litter box.i have two other cats and they all have a litter box each but Figaro will not use one.kirsty

Asked by Member 1195218 on Oct 20th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Is he a long hair or a persian? They are notorious for not using the box. Do you have one box per cat? If they're having trouble sharing, add a box. Also sprinkle litter attractant on top of the litter to make it more appealing, like Dr. Elsey's, and experiment with different types of litter until you find success. You must also clean with a pheromone-removing liquid specifically for urine because if a cat can smell its own pee, it will keep on resoiling the area. This is a major cleaning job but worth the effort, PetsMart has a blacklight and urine remover combo so that you do not miss anything while cleaning. ^_^