My cat doesn't know where his toilet is now.

I rescued him from an old man who died. He's about 5. He settled in straight away. I've had him for about 6 months. He was litter trained and his tray was in his cupboard with his car flap.

We want him to go toilet in the garden, so we followed instructions and slowly moved the tray outside to the corner. This worked gmfibe and he used it. Then one day j saw him go next to his tray, so I thought we had trained him. So I took his tray away. Since then he has poo'd in my hall twice and wees on my front door!

I have confused him and I feel very bad.

What is the best thing I can do now to stop confusing him and so he will go in the garden?

Thank you!

Asked by Member 1183004 on Jul 29th 2013 Tagged littertray, outsidetoilet, wee, poo, toilettrained, toilet in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

The first thing you need to do is put the box back where he is having accidents. Then you have to build a sandbox out there, because that's what he thinks a toilet is. You should still keep a box inside, because if it's raining he is not going to go outside or hold it. ^_^ Treats like new flavor fusion greenies may or may not get the message across when he does what you want him to do... ^_^