Boot

My cat boots dose not sleep at night he just walks jumps and goes crazy.Help.

he bites my feet and keeps me up all night.

Asked by Boot on Feb 8th 2013 Tagged notsleeping in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

What your cat is doing is what we call "hunting bed mice", or your feet and Izzie does the same thing. It's a sneak attack and it's painful since he uses his claws and teeth. I tell him "NO BITE!" and have taken to covering my legs with a heavy quilt to discourage him. It sounds like Boots may need some extra playtimes in the evening (about an hour before bed) to tire him out. You can also keep a soda can with pennies taped inside by your bed and when he does this, shake it at him and say "NO BITE!" but be warned that it's loud and will probably wake up other members of your household. Do not shriek at or hit him as that will only teach HIM to use violence like biting. Try some fun but not crazy playtimes and maybe that will help. But cats are nocturnal creatures and their main active time is at night.