My cat bites me all of the time!

I have a three year old cat. I found her when she was 4 weeks old. She and her litter were abandoned. My cat, even though I have never played with her using my hands, constantly bites me and draws blood. She will attack me unprovoked, out of nowhere, with her nails and teeth and bites and scratches so hard that it bleeds and hurts like hell. She could be as calm as ever and out of nowhere attack me. It's like she is possessed. If I walk by her, she attacks my legs, if I pet her she attacks my hand, if I lift anything over her head she jumps up and attacks. Tonight she was on the couch and I went to move my leg and she jumped up and bit me right on the back of my leg and it's bleeding. It's making me hate my cat b/c I have tried everything--meds, flower essences etc. yet can't figure out why she is so aggressive/how to stop it. It has nothing to do with how she has been treated, and since i found her at 4 wks it can't be from before that time either. She is also destructive.

Asked by Member 755937 on Dec 20th 2009 in Aggression

Answers

It sounds like (from all the questions you posted) that your cat has a severe mental issue. Are you sure that no one else in your family is harrassing her? (Including any other animals?) This is not normal behavior for a regular house cat. Something is going on, either in your house or in her head. You need to visit your vet with her. If she is nots spayed, she needs to be right now. You also need to talk to your vet about how she behaves. He may be able to prescribe some actual medicine, other than those "flower essence" things that might work and make her a little more pleasant to live with.

Sweetie Sweet Pea

My cat does the same thing -- like she's possessed -- and last night was exceptionally worse than any previous attacks. It's like something just comes over her...I can see it coming...last night I saw it coming, but she was faster than I was able to get out of the way. She's in good health and up to date on her shots. The vets have told me she needs more interactive toys, but after $$ invested, it doesn't help. I think I will look into tranquilizing her. Her name is Sweet Pea, but we've nicknamed her Dr. Jeckyll and Mrs. Hyde. I'm sorry she's hurting you, but am relieved to know, I'm not the only one going through this.

Sweetie Sweet Pea answered on 3/25/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer