my cat always has had lots of eye boogers and nose boogers, they are dark brown, and usually hard. what could this mean?

I've had my cat for over a year and she has always had eye boogers and nose boogers and I've always just cleaned them out. she has had them when I have taken her to the vet and they have never mentioned anything to me about it. They are dark brown, hard and sometime goowy. Lately it seems like she has had more eye boogers and its just got me worried. Is this something I should be concerned about? they dont seem to irritait her...

Asked by Member 625418 on Apr 23rd 2008 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Check her eyes to make sure they are not red or inflamed (red) looking. Is she pawing at her eyes or rubbing her face on the carpet? Is she sneezing a lot? She may have allergies. However, if she seems fine-eating, using her litter box, playing, affectionate, not acting tired or sick, then I would just continue to wipe her face when she needs it and not worry about it. If she starts to look like she's not feeling well,then I would call the vet.