My cat (age 5 yrs.) exhibits asthma symptoms after running around. Is there any natural/holistic treatment?

Asked by Member 874705 on Sep 8th 2009 in Alternative Treatments

Answers

Minxy (1987-2008)

I know the holistic vet who treats my cats has had success treating asthma in other cats with acupuncture and herbs. You need to get a proper diagnosis 1st as it could also be other things like heartworm or heart disease tahts causing the symptoms you see. My holistic vet is a regular DVM who then trained in veterinary traditional chinese medicine at the Chi Institute. They list vets who've completetd their vTCM training on their website.

If you look at Minxy's page you can see some pictures of her getting acupuncture. She used to love it and would come running to greet Dr Hodges when she arrived. Minxy was in the final stages of kidney disease when she started acupuncture and it helped her feel better and improved her appetite for a few days after each session.

Minxy (1987-2008) answered on 9/8/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer