My bf's kitten attacks me constantly!! HELP!!

When my grandmas cat had kittens I gave a female tabby to my bf. she's never been abused. I live with my bf and have been since he got her. She's nice to him and never attacks him but bites him playfully. She attacks me when I'm asleep and acts different when my bf is around. I went to the hospital a few weeks ago because she bit my finger and it swelled and was very painful. She's always watching me and looks evil when she does. She follows me around just to attack and hurt me. I've been nothing but nice but I'm to the point where I don't want her near me at all.

Asked by Member 1133284 on Sep 28th 2012 in Aggression

Answers

It's always hard to understand why an animal (or a person) would take an instant dislike to you. Because they can't talk, they can't tell us. It could be anything from weather changes to the cologne you wear. Your BF should NOT allow his cat to bite him, even playfully. If she's not spayed, she needs to be. Keep an eye on her and learn to read her signs. Keep a spray bottle, a soda can with pennies taped inside, or one of those computer keyboard canned air cleaners nearby at all times. When she's about to attack, spray the water or air above her head, or shake the can at her and say "NO!" She will get the idea that you are not her "prey". You can also try to start feeding her, giving her treats, scooping her box, playing with her, etc. If she starts to attack, do what I suggested and then walk away.

Tabitha

Watch a few episodes of "My cat from Hell". I've learned so much from that show.

Its on animal planet

Tabitha answered on 10/2/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

your cat sounds very territorial. she may think that your boyfriend is hers. maybe, while you are with him, keep something like a can of coins, or just something that will make a lot of noise. if you think she is getting mean, start rattling whatever you have picked, to show her that you mean buissness. she will probably take this as you saying "stop it, i am not scared of you".