my 9yr.old russian-blue cat has been scratching around her neck and making sores. What can be causing this and what ove

My 9 year old female cat has been scratching around her neck and making sores. She does not have or ever had fleas. She is an indoor cat. She has done this before and I had to constantly stay on her to not scratch. I put triple anti-biotic on them and eventually healed the sores. Was wanting to know what might be the cause of her scratching just around the neck area?

Asked by Member 857268 on Aug 27th 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

She may have an allergy to something. Recommend a trip to the vet.

Nika

I would agree with the other post that it might be allergies. Does she wear a collar? If so, it could be the material. A good product you could put on her to help stop the itching and help heal up any sores is PETfection Deodorizer/Allergy Spray. You can use it daily; it's 100% Organic and Non-Toxic. If you use it regularly hopefully she will stop the scratching! I hope this helps; you can check it out online.

Nika answered on 9/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer