Aida

My 9 weeks old kitten's butt stinks!

Her stools aren't runny, and her behind looks very clean. She walks across my lap and I get a big whiff of it. I have no idea what is causing it. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? Should I be worried?

Asked by Aida on Oct 22nd 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

It could be diet-related. Your kitten should be eating kitten food for her first year. My kitten is eating Natural Choice dry kitten food and MaxCat wet, no smelly butt. It's available in most major pet stores and is 100% guaranteed. Mix in the new food with the old for about a week to complete the transition. She should not be eating treats until age 6 months, when you can start her on feline Greenies, so if you are feeding her treats, cat milk or human scraps, they could be making her gassy. ^_^