my 8 week old kitten wont eat, pukes, but is very active. whats wrong with him?

he threw up this yellow foamy stuff one night and the next he threw up his food, my parent tell me to take him back to the pet store but i dont think its fare to just give up on him. help!

Asked by Member 844732 on Jun 10th 2009 in Health & Safety

Best Answer

I'm with you about not giving up on the poor little guy, but I would contact the pet store and tell them your cat is sick (or have your parents do it). Most reputable pet stores give a limited guarantee. You may have to take him to their vet for them to pay for it. Make sure you tell them that he's been sick since you got him. Be polite but firm and sometmes if they give you a hard time, mentioning contacting a local television station with your story will help. He does need to go to the vet's no matter what, though. Please let us know what happens.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Jun 10th.

Answers

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25)

Difficult to say what's wrong with him... we are not vets here - just people who love cats. Your kitty needs to see a vet to determine what is wrong with him ASAP.

Sadly, lots of purebreds sold in pet stores have problems and are often inbred and from backyard breeders. No reputable breeder would ever sell to a pet store. Even shelter cats can have issues though like parasites and viruses.

Good luck with your kitty and hope it's nothing serious.

Mr. Fez (Angel Dreamboat #25) answered on 6/10/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Buddha

Simple answer: GO SEE A VET. Tell your parents that you aren't giving up on the cat yet because it isn't fair to just give up on a kitten that might just have a bug or virus. GO SEE A VET. Your vet might tell you that your kitten is sick, he needs a different food, his current food is indigestible for him, or many other reasons. Either way, it is VERY important that you don't listen to your parents about taking him back to the pet store. It is EXTREMELY important to take your kitten to a vet.

Buddha answered on 6/11/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer