Niobe

My 8 week old kitten is peeing in my bed, how can I get her to stop?

So, here's what's going on. My Niobe urinates on my bed daily. Usually in the mornings, right after I wake up but before I get out of the bed. She sleeps with (on) me all night, and never has issues during the night. She will even jump down off the bed to use the litter during that time! I'm at a complete loss as to what's going on.

Info:
1) She's been checked by the vet and received a clean bill of health.
2) She never has accidents anywhere else.
3) Litter pan is right beside the bed.
4) Bed is rather tall... but she jumps off of it fine during the day and at night. She even has steps I set up for her to make it easier. They lead straight to the litter pan.
5) Litter pan is small, as she's a kitten. Could it be too small for her?
6) She does seem to be a bit reliant on me to get her off the bed if I'm awake, could that have something to do with it?
7) Litter is scooped twice a day

I love her dearly and really want this fixed. I'm tired of 3 loads of laundry a day just for my bed!

Asked by Niobe on Nov 7th 2013 Tagged urinating, bed, help in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Please read previous answers to same question... you need to use a urine remover product, and if the pee went down to your mattress it might be ruined. Kittens and cats will resoil where they smell their own pee... check out other answers in the clean home Catster section... ^_^