My 8 month old kitten is very lethargic, why?

I have an 8 month old kitten. She received 2 shots about a week ago - distemper and leukemia- and from that day on, she's been lethargic and won't even attempt to play. She still eats- just much less and we called the vet and they told us "Well she's not a kitten anymore." But she's crying out in pain when she has to get up, move, or when she's picked up. What should I do? What's wrong?

Asked by Member 1194196 on Oct 13th 2013 Tagged kitten, months, lethargic, sick, help in Health & Wellness

Answers

Shots will not make a kitten ill (temporary pain IS normal, same as humans), but there are plenty of illnesses that can be contracted at the vet's office. If the symptoms don't subside ask your vet if you can come in for a recheck. If not, I would find another recommended local vet for a 2nd opinion, and if you like them then you can choose them for regular visits instead. ^_^