My 7 month old cat appears to have a problem with its jaw. Every once in awhile he kind of chews/grinds that area of his

My 7 month old cat appears to have a problem with its jaw. Every once in awhile he kind of chews/grinds that area of his and i noticed a small amount of blood. He is acting normal and doesnt appear to be in pain but none the less i am concerned. Should i bring him to a vet immediately or should i wait a little while and see if it stops?

Asked by Member 1154450 on Feb 9th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Cats are masters at hiding pain and/or discomfort. By the time he is showing pain, he may have serious health issues. And, any time there is blood leaking from anywhere, it's time to at least phone the vet. He could have dental concerns or even a dislocation or break. I don't think there'a a need to rush him to an emergency vet, but I'd have him seen by his own vet sometime soon nonetheless.