Bella

My 6 year old persian/tabby mix, Bella has been scratching her neck but she doesn't have any fleas? Any idea how to get

Bella weighs about 5-7 pounds.
Inside only cat
Is around a dog who does go outside to use the restroom.

Asked by Bella on Nov 8th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Is there any way that flea medicine could have absorbed into her collar? Wash her collar to be sure. I had this happen once without my knowledge untiul I noticed a ring of fur COMPLETELY burned off from where Pookie's collar was sitting. I put the flea medicine too close on the back of her neck to where the collar was. If she doesn't wear a collar, she needs to, just make sure it's the breakaway comfort kind. Also make sure it is fitted properly- you should be able to slide two fingers inbetween the collar and neck no problem, otherwise it needs to be loosened. ^_^