My 6.5 year old Princess was diagnosed with possibly having wet fip. She is eating, drinking, pooping and peeing.

She is still as active, lively and greedy (will fight you for your food) as ever. It's been about a month that I noticed her bloated belly, just got the possible diagnosis of wet fip Thursday. They drained some tummy fluid, it was typical of fip. I'm open to comments, suggestions, etc. on what to expect. This is my baby doll and my best friend my guard dog my early warning system, my Perfect Pet. I just want to do right by her in every way I can, her loyalty deserves no less. Thank you.
Princess' Mommy

Asked by Member 1153243 on Feb 2nd 2013 in Alternative Treatments

Answers

I'm so sorry your furbaby has this disease. My daughter lost 3 cats to it, so I know how traumatic it can be. This is truly something you need to discus with your vet. It's much more comforting to speak to someone in the know about this disease in person. It leaves less room for misunderstandings and misconceptions. The two of you can discuss how to tell when the time has come to let her go and how to take care of her until it's that time. Until then, don't pass up any opportunities for cuddles and/or playtimes if she feels like it. Keep in close contact with your vet. That's what they are there for. We send many purrs to you and Princess.