My 5 year old cat eats to much, so have gotten a timed feeder he is doing great and has lost weight. He now has a new fr

Asked by Member 1112064 on May 22nd 2012 Tagged food, eating, feeders, cats in Food & Nutrition

Answers

I have the same problem because I got a new kitten last week. The others have been raiding her kitten food. My oldest needs to gain weight so that isn't a problem, but the other two definitely do not need to gain any more pounds. So, I made a decision that when the first bag of kitten food is finished, the next one will only be fed specifically to the kitten at certain times. She was eating adult MeowMix at the rescue, so she is getting much higher quality (Nutro and Royal) food now. If she wants to get into the prescription canned food so be it, it's better than the 2 rotund mousers becoming obese. Maybe set feedings, like for dogs, would work better in your multi-cat home now. ^_^