my 4yr old cat has a scab on side of her face and is smelly and swollen what can it be.

Asked by Member 1144969 on Dec 12th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Please understand that even if we were vets here, there is no way for us to examine, diagnose and treat a cat through a computer. She needs to be examined by a vet in real time and be on medication. If she's an outdoor cat, she may have been in a fight. It could be ringworm. The odor is coming from tissue on her face that's dying and from the infection inside the scab. She needs to be seen by a vet for treatment. If you are financially strapped, I've never seen a vet refuse to treat a sick or injured animal because the owner couldn't pay. They will work out a payment plan with you. Or, perhaps if someone wants to give you a Holiday gift, you can ask them to help with her vet bill instead. Good luck. I hope she feels better fast.

Showdy

This should be checked out by a vet. It sounds like a cyst, they are very stinky & can be painful. Though there is a scab, an infection is probably lurking under the scab, so it will fill up with puss & bust many times. I had one once on the side of my face, it was uncomfortable, but the vet fixed me up;) Kitty needs antibiotics & an exam. My best to you.

Showdy answered on 12/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer