manow

my 4 year old cat is having some scary symptoms wondering if she needs to go to the back asap

my cat is 4 years old lately she's been having some scary symptoms like excess of grooming, sleeping a lot more than usual, she's been eating pretty regularly that I know of, I've also noticed that she's been using the bathroom a lot more than normal, along with diarrhea, she seems to be thirsty all the time she has also been a little jumpy and skittish lately too, meowing a lot even when she's sleeping , she's also been more affectionate like real needy for my attention I'm really worried about her and I know that that's going to that can be pretty costly but her symptoms are really starting to worry me do I need to take her

Asked by manow on May 1st 2013 in Illness & Disease

Answers

In answer to all 3 of your posts, yes, Manow needs to go to the doctor as soon as possible. She is doing everything possible to let you know she is not well. Even if we were vets here, we could not examine, diagnose or treat Manow over a computer. We all know that vets cost money, but the responsibility to keep our animals healthy and well and treat them when they're sick is one we take on when we take them into our families. You can talk to the vet to work out a payment plan. I've never seen a vet refuse to treat a sick cat. Or, there may be some other expenses in your life you could cut back on until she's treated and well again. But, please do take her to the vet as soon as you can to find out what's going on. We send purrs!

Did you take your cat to the vet? Sounds serious. I agree with Izzie. And it could be diabetes (excessive thirst and urination) and diarrhea can lead to dehydration. She is definitely telling you she doesn't feel well. I hope she is ok. :)