My 4 Month old kitten cries too much! How can I quiet him some?

My 4 Month old male kitten cries a LOT! He has food, and clean litter, and lots of attention, and sometimes he will just go on and on for no reason. He's very active in play time and is very rambunctious, so I feel like it's not a health issue. Help me quiet him!

Asked by Member 1137803 on Oct 26th 2012 Tagged noise, obnoxious, loud, kitten in Behavior & Training

Answers

Some people write to ask us why their cat never meows or purrs. They, too, think there's something wrong with their kitty. If your kitten isn't neutered yet, he needs to be. He's old enough to be heading into sexual maturity, and cats who are at that point can become VERY vocal. If playtimes are crazy, he may have trouble calming down, like an over-wrought child. That could also make him vocal. If he hasn't been to the vet, he needs to go for a well-kitten exam and vaccinations as cats will become vocal if they're trying to tell us something, like they aren't feeling quite right. Also, be aware that if you yell at your cat because he's meowing, it won't solve the issue. Like yelling at a dog who's barking, the dog just thinks you're barking back at it. Calm down the playtimes a little, and then if he isn't already, have him neutered. And check with your vet to make sure he has no issues.

Jimmy

Maybe you need to take him to get any cat friends. Or you can take him to Animal hospital.

Jimmy answered on 10/31/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Apollo

Is he eating his food? I recommend giving him some soft food if you haven't yet, maybe even kitten milk. He is still fairly young. My kitten would whine too when I got him. It turned out, he was just malnourished and underweight. Kittens need to eat 3 times more a day than an adult cat. Most of the time when my kitten meows, it's because he's hungry. Also, some cats don't like their food too close to the liter box. Try separating them if you haven't.

Hope that helps! :)

Apollo answered on 11/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer