my 3 yr old female, unspayed, indoor cat seems to have been in heat for a month now. and all of a sudden has got an issu

while in heat she gets quivers throughout her body. her tail also has the quivers. don't know if it has anything to do with her tail issue. Its as if shes mad that its always behind her.

Asked by Member 1158780 on Mar 11th 2013 in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

You need to have her spayed ASAP. I'm sure she's so miserable having these heat cycles. It'll cut down on health risks to have her spayed as well as there being plenty of other benefits. Find a low/cost clinic nearby.

As usual, Twinkle is exactly right. Without getting on my "former animal rescue worker" soapbox, I'd want to strongly encourage you to have her spayed before she presents you with a litter of kittens if she hasn't already. When female cats are in the throes of heat, they all act "weird" for lack of a better word. Some sit and howl endlessly. Most are restless, nervous and "ouchy". Females will be in heat every few weeks until they become pregnant. Once they have kittens, they will again come into heat before the kittens are weaned. Spaying does NOT cause a female to become 'fat and lazy'. It will only change her personality for the better. It will greatly reduce or eliminate the instance of female cancers. The "quivering" is part of her signalling that she's in heat and she's going to try to bolt outside when you're not looking and find a mate. Please locate a low-cose (or free) spay/neuter clinic in your area and have her spayed. You'll notice a great improvement in her.

Hi, my name is tabbygirl and I used to do that but my mom took me to the vet and had me spay. It took all the quivers away. I am not bother by heat. I do get spring fever. But That is ok. Also I will shake my long tail and different things, like if I am curious, mad, excited. i hope I have helped.